Find Your Space!
The Western Libraries complex provides a wide variety of study environments. You’ll find a space to suit your study needs and style. They are as varied as the lively vibe of the Learning Commons on the main floor to the more contemplative traditional atmosphere of Wilson 4 Central. Simply put as you move to the upper floors of Wilson the quieter you’ll find it. Here’s a brief guide to what you can expect on each floor:
- Learning Commons, Wilson 2: Student services (Writing Center, Tutoring Center, STC & more), Zoe’s Café and plenty of spaces for collaboration and group work. Check it out!
- SpillZone, Wilson 3: Noise from below is evident. Quiet collaboration , small study groups & solo study for those who go-with-the-flow and can be respectful of those around them.
- Murmurs & Whispers, Wilson 4 wings: Mostly quiet study but feel free to quietly ask your study partner for occasional help. Respect those working around you. And, turn off the phone!
- Silence!, Wilson 4 Central & 5th Floor: Contemplative spaces and extreme quiet for those that demand it.
- Group Study Rooms: Reserve a group study room and check-out keys at the Wilson Circulation Desk.
Remember, students like you have consistently expressed concern about noise in the library. Find the study space that best matches your personal study habits. Those around you will thank you!