- All ProQuest products will be unavailable from 7:00 pm to midnight on 2/28/15 due to scheduled maintenance. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
- Western’s Catalog, Databases & More: You need it - we get it, that’s what Western Libraries are about! You have access to much of the world’s scholarly research and more. Begin your work locally with what’s in the stacks and available through the databases and electronic subscriptions we provide.
- Other local libraries and local colleges are ready to help you too. Borrow directly from Bellingham Public Library, Whatcom County Library, Whatcom Community College and more through the Whatcom Libraries One Card Program. Search the combined catalog here.
If you need to go deeper these added services will help get the job done!
- Summit Borrowing - The Orbis-Cascade Alliance pools the resources of 37 member libraries making then visible to you through the Summit Catalog. Summit identifies which Alliance partners own what you want, the availability of that item, and allows you to immediately place a request for the item!
- Most materials you can borrow through Summit will be loaned for 6 weeks and will arrive here within 2-3 working days of placing your request. Media (CDs, videos, microform) are loaned for 7 days.
- ILLiad: Interlibrary Loan - If what you need is not available in Summit, or you need journal articles, ILLiad is the tool. We deliver journal articles from around the world to meet your needs. Delivery time varies from only a couple of working days for PDFs. Loaned materials (books, media microfilm) may take 7 or more working days depending on how far they are being shipped.
- Most of our online databases will automatically fill in your ILLiad request form for the item you want. Easy for you and it assures we have the data we need to expedite your request.
- The Reference & Information Desk staff on Haggard 2 can help you use the library catalog & databases to identify, select & locate the best resources; connect you to consultations with research specialists, and help you search & request via Summit & ILLiad.
Bottom Line: You need it. We get it. That’s access. And it’s what we’re all about.