- This Sunday, August 3rd, from 1:00am until 6:00am, OneSearch will be intermittently unavailable due to a system upgrade . We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
What can you do with Oxford Language Dictionaries Online?
New @ the Western Libraries!
The innovative Oxford Language Dictionaries Online site offers essential language resources never before available online: fully searchable, completely comprehensive bilingual dictionaries, and unique study materials that provide extra help with learning and using an expanding range of languages.
* get accurate, up-to-date translations
* use contextual clues and examples to find the "right" word
* find translations fast
* search the full text, or limit search specific parts of speech, subject area, or language
* browse the dictionary
* get explanations of phonetic symbols & parts of speech
* insert accented characters (or letters from a different alphabet) using a handy virtual keyboard
* insert Chinese characters using a helpful pop-up Radical and Character Index
* use the "Did you mean" feature to help you find the entry you're looking for
* print, email, cite, or link all entries
* Find language learning and usage tools and resources
* Get access to hundreds of correspondence templates including sample letters, emails, and CVs and
résumés to provide practical help with writing