1. Our website is http://library.wwu.edu
2. Your Western ID card is your library card.
3. We can save you time! Librarians with subject specialties and staff dedicated to assist with your research and writing projects. JUST ASK!
4. We help you do research for specific courses & assignments. Librarians have created guides with lists of “best” resources in specific subject areas & for specific assignments to get you started.
5. Remote Support!
Stuff all spread out, don’t want to pack up & come to the Reference Desk?
Need help finding something? Use (Ask Us!) - - Online CHAT Reference
Text us @ (360) 797-5910
Tweet us @Ask_WWU_Lib
6. 24/7 access any time - anywhere! Web-based catalog & e books, full text articles & online journals, citation guides & more, accessible from anywhere!
7. Access to materials from libraries regionally & worldwide - - delivered quickly via Summit and Inter Library Loan (ILLIAD)! Often we have electronic delivery of materials.
8. Technology! 24/hour computer lab, a Dual-boot Mac/PC lab, scanners, color printing, & over 100 pc’s with the full Adobe & Microsoft Office Suite, & laptops available to check out!
9. Study spaces to meet any need! Designated quiet spaces - 4 Central & 5 West,
individual study carrels to collaborative spaces with comfy chairs or big tables; group study rooms equipped with large screen LCD monitor and interactive whiteboards, video & media editing rooms, & more.
10. The Learning Commons - bringing help & resources together to save you time! Reference & Instruction, Circulation & Reserves, the Student Technology Center, Writing Center, Tutoring Center, Teaching Learning Academy & the Faculty Writing Instruction Support are all located on the 2nd floor of the Library.