Sat hours: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Wireless Project - Computer Policy
Wireless Computer Policy at Western Washington University
- Only currently enrolled Western Washington University students who have paid the Student Technology Fee and have a valid Western ID's are eligible to check-out portable computers.
- Borrowers must fill out the online Equipment Checkout Agreement form before a portable computer will be checked out.
- Only one portable computer may be borrowed at a time.
Time Limits, Availability and fines:
- Portable computers can be checked out for a maximum of two hours at the Haggard Circulation Desk and four hours at the Wilson Circulation Desk.
- All portable computers are due fifteen minutes before the Library closes.
- Portable computers may not be reserved.
- Overdue fines will accumulate at a rate of $10.00 per hour or any portion of an hour with no maximum fine.
- The Borrower assumes all responsibility for any damage, loss or theft of the laptop computer and accessories. All costs associated with the loss, theft or damage to the computer while on loan to the Borrower shall be the sole obligation of the Borrower. The replacement charge could be up to $2,500 plus the accrued overdue fine.
- The Borrower must inform the circulation desk employees immediately of any problems, malfunctions, damages, loss or theft of the computer.
- The portable computer must remain on university premises at all times.
- Portable computers must be kept out of direct sunlight and away from water.
- The Borrower must keep the portable computer in his or her custody and may not loan, or otherwise provide the computer to any other person.
- All files MUST be stored on a floppy diskette, zip disk, or your Novell file space (U: Drive) prior to the return of the computer to the Wilson Circulation Desk. Please do not store files on the computer; all files will be removed automatically at each reboot. Neither the library nor ATUS assume any responsibility for files stored on the hard disk or the recovery of files accidentally left on the hard disk after the computer has been returned.
- No software may be loaded onto the computer at any time, and none of the existing software or configuration options may be altered or deleted.
- The Borrower must read the Portable Computer Policy and the Western Washington University Policy for Responsible Computing and abide by these policies.
- Portable computers must be returned to a staff person at the desk it was checked out from for check-in. Damage or replacement fines will be charged for any computer returned in a book drop or left unattended.
- Failure to follow all written policies may result in removal of portable computer checkout privileges.