The Campus History Collection documents the history of Western Washington University since it first opened as the New Whatcom State Normal School in the fall of 1899.
Many University units and departments regularly deposit materials in the Collection. We welcome donations of any item representing personal experience at Western at any stage in its history.
Some of the collection's highlights include:
- Student Newspapers: The Normal Messenger, 1899-1910
- The Messenger, 1910-1916
- The Weekly Messenger, 1916-1928
- Northwest Viking, 1928-1938
- Western Viking, 1937-1938
- W.W.C. Collegian, 1939-1962
- Western Washington State College Collegian, 1962-1967
- The Western Front, 1967-present
- Student Yearbooks, 1913-1970
- Meeting minutes from various groups, which include the Board of Trustees (1895-present), the Faculty Senate (Oct. 1978-present) and the Academic Coordinating Commission (1965-present).
- Campus photographs, 1899-present.
- University Pamphlets and folders on subjects ranging from the Associated Students to Wilson Library.
- Special Collections Oral History Program transcripts.
- Videos of special events and lectures on campus.
- Personal keepsakes and memorabilia, including plates, mugs, trophies, and clothing.
Find Collection in Library Catalog - By Title